Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Assembly Vignette.

    28.6.18


My heart started to pump rapidly as I gulped in a wisp of thin air. Boom! The music turned on, echoing through the wide hall. The group of villagers and I broke out into thrilling, crazy fortnite dance moves!!! The crowd roared with laughter, their fingers pointing directly at us. Kids were intrigued by our act, their eyes brimming with joy locked to the grand stage. All of a sudden, the room went dead silent and we sat down.



I stood up again, moving in unison with my friends over to the poi area. I picked up a poi spinning, hitting and flicking it back and forth as Tarakura swooped in, knocking and striking the victims and I down with no mercy falling like dominoes onto the head-rattling  ground. We got up and walked out of the hall, then thoughts flooded my mind. I wonder what the audience thought of our performence?

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful vignette Stevie. You have really selected quality vocab to enhance your imagery. I especially love your use of the word unison from Tarakura of the Rangitaiki Plains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing writing Stevie. You have created a picture in my mind as I'm reading this. Excellent choice of vocab. Well done.

    ReplyDelete